Quick facts about community health bargaining:
- The community health collective agreement will expire on March 31, 2019.
- About 14,000 health care workers are covered by the multi-union Community Bargaining Association (CBA), including HEU, BCGEU, UFCW 1518, CUPE, HSA, CLAC and USWA.
- The HEU represents about 1,500 members covered by the talks.
- The BCGEU is the lead union in the CBA, which negotiates with the Health Employers Association of BC (HEABC).
- The CBA represents health care workers who provide home-based, medically related support services to seniors and persons with disabilities. Workers in the sector also provide community-based health services, including mental health and addictions services and administrative support to home support agencies and health authorities.
- February 3, 2014: Community health collective agreement ratified by HEU and other unions
Comprehensive report on the 2014-2019 tentative agreement for community health (includes blank pages for double-sided printing).
- December 3, 2013: Community Health reaches five-year tentative agreement.