Quick facts about facilities bargaining:
- The facilities collective agreement will expire on March 31, 2014.
- Nearly 47,000 health care workers in 11 unions are covered by the talks.
- HEU is the lead union in the multi-union Facilities Bargaining Association (FBA) which will bargain with the Health Employers Association of BC (HEABC).
- HEU represents about 85 per cent of the members covered by the talks.
- FBA members work in hospitals, residential care facilities and in emergency health services.
- The diverse bargaining unit of more than 270 job classifications includes care aides, ambulance paramedics, health records staff, laboratory and other diagnostic specialists, sterile supply technicians, emergency dispatch personnel, trades and maintenance workers, activity aides and rehab assistants, IT specialists, pharmacy technicians, admitting and booking clerks, administrative staff, cleaning and dietary staff, and many others.