Health Care Assistants include care aides and community health workers.
Every day, these dedicated health care staff work miracles to provide quality care to the frail elderly and others who require assistance with their personal care needs.
These care staff assist residents, patients and clients with their most intimate care needs like toileting, bathing, dressing and eating.
- Care aides, community health workers, and other health care assistants -- visit our Time to Care page
- Check out our wrap on today's edition of 24 Hours Vancouver
- Listen to our radio ad airing across B.C. on October 18
- read HEU secretary-business manager Bonnie Pearson's message on Health Care Assistant Day
But care aides and community health workers are also like family, providing opportunities for the social interaction that is so fundamental to quality of life of the elderly.
Unfortunately, care aides and community health workers often struggle under impossible workloads to deliver good care in homes, nursing homes and hospitals.
On October 18 and every day, HEU celebrates the contributions of care aides and community health workers to quality care.
- Read a report about seniors' care from the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.
- Print out a Health Care Assistant Day poster for your workplace!