The Men's Committee makes recommendations to and advises the Provincial Executive. The committee:
- Promotes a positive role for men within the union and the community.
- Supports continued discussion with men to end violence against women.
- Identifies physical and mental health issues affecting men in a changing society.
- Promotes resources that provide support to men.
- Builds links with groups that can assist the committee in carrying out their work.
Archived items of interest:
Participate in our second annual movenber contest!
- poster (PDF) (contest closed)
Resources on men's health
The Northern Health Authority has developed some ground-breaking materials to encourage men to take more responsibility for their own health.
Check out their Northern BC Man Challenge website. They've also posted a couple of YouTube video's about their program.
Northern BC Man Challenge Part 1
Northern BC Man Challenge Part 2