Compass (PHSA) bargaining begins January 31
Wages and workload are key issues as HEU prepares for first contract negotiations with the Compass Group covering about 250 cleaning and dietary staff at the Provincial Health Services Authority.
The union bargaining committee met January 12 and 13 and is meeting again next week to prepare for the January 31 meeting with Compass.
HEU has already reached first contracts with Compass' competitors Aramark and Sodexho late last year.
The bargaining committee members were elected by HEU"s Compass members at a series of workplace meetings last year. They represent all three sites - Children’s and Women’s Hospital, Sunnyhill Hospital for Children and the BC Cancer Agency – and all shifts.
Patient and retail food as well as housekeeping staff are represented on the committee which will bargain a single contract covering the Morrison and Crothall operations of Compass at PHSA.
"Compass members have waited a long time to get to the bargaining table,” says HEU bargainer Heather Compton. “We’re determined to negotiate a contract as soon as possible so that our members have the economic security and workplace protections that they need and deserve.”
Members of the HEU/Compass (PHSA) bargaining committee are:
- Fayth Gabagnot, C&W – Retail
- Kulvinder Phull, C&W – Retail
- Jose Rodriguez, C&W – Patient Foods
- Menarose Angco, C&W – Patient Foods
- Sue Nair, Cancer Control
- Romila Sundar, C&W – Retail
- Cesar Mendoza, C&W – Retail
- Satpal Parmar, C&W – Retail
- Parshu Raman, C&W – Retail
- Carol Munson, Cancer Control
- Praneeta Devi, Cancer Control
- Fanta Diaby, Cancer Control
- Linh Nguyen, Sunny Hill
- Rebecca Castro, Sunny Hill