The current 2019-2022 Facilities Collective Agreement expires on March 31, 2022.
To prepare for negotiations for a renewed collective agreement, HEU will hold its 22nd Facilities Bargaining Conference from November 29 to December 1 at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver.
Locals covered by this bargaining agreement elect delegates to attend the conference, where members will debate proposed bargaining demands and elect a bargaining committee for the upcoming round of negotiations.
Local executives, stewards and members should begin discussing and preparing for this important conference now. This will mean scheduling a local meeting before September 29.
If you are interested in becoming a delegate for this conference, ask your local executive for details.
Delegates to the bargaining conference:
- Must be elected at a local membership meeting with quorum
- Must have attended at least 50 per cent of the regular local meetings held in the 12-month period prior to nomination
- Must fill out a Delegate Credential Form signed by the local chairperson and secretary-treasurer
- The completed, original form must be received at the Provincial Office by 5 pm, Wednesday October 6. This form will not be accepted by email or fax.
- Delegates will be reimbursed for lost wages, and reasonable expenses including transportation and per diems will be given.
- Accommodation at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver will be provided on request.
Important dates and deadlines
Proposed bargaining demands: Wednesday September 29, 2021, 5 pm
Delegates credential forms: Wednesday October 6 at 5 pm. The original green copy with embossed HEU seal must be received at the Provincial Office. This form can not be submitted by fax or email.
Accommodation forms (if required): October 6 at 5 pm. This form can be sent by mail, email or fax.
For full details about electing and sending delegates, please download the Conference Call information letter.
If you have questions, please contact FBABargaining@heu.org