There are many barriers faced by women who wish to take on leadership roles within the union or community. In addition to gender-based discrimination, women of colour also face barriers linked to race and their marginalization within the workforce.
HEU recognizes that this intersectional identity can be a barrier to participation in leadership roles, and has designed a workshop to encourage women of colour within the HEU membership to succeed in taking on the challenge of leadership and succeeding in these roles.
This workshop is being held May 5-7 at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel - Application deadline: March 26
The workshop topics include (to reflect, to learn and to take action):
• Creating space for personal reflections, hope and sense of belonging
• Understanding our multi-faceted and layered identity
• Exploring our whole beings, lived experience and location in social and systemic structures
• Challenging existing power structures
• Growing our strengths, capacity, skills, solidarity and collective power