Applications for this workshop are closed. Please check back later.
There are many barriers faced by women who wish to take on leadership roles within the union or community. In addition to gender-based discrimination, women of colour also face barriers linked to race and their marginalization within the workforce.
HEU recognizes that this intersectional identity can be a barrier to participation in leadership roles, and has designed a workshop to encourage women of colour within the HEU membership to succeed in taking on the challenge of leadership and succeeding in these roles.
This workshop is being held Feb 18, 25, March 4, 11, 2021 online
The workshop topics include (to reflect, to learn and to take action):
• Creating space for personal reflections, hope and sense of belonging
• Understanding our multi-faceted and layered identity
• Exploring our whole beings, lived experience and location in social and systemic structures
• Challenging existing power structures
• Growing our strengths, capacity, skills, solidarity and collective power