Education Leave funds still available to paramedicals
Deadline to apply for reimbursements - Friday, September 30, 2005Download Application Here (Adobe)Paramedical Bargaining Association members who meet the eligibility criteria can access up to $1500 from the Education Leave Fund to reimburse course fee costs. Applications will be approved subject to funding availability and according to the date received. Under the 2001-2004 Paramedical Professional Collective Agreement a $1 million dollar Education Leave Fund was established, on a one-time only basis, to provide financial assistance to paramedical professionals attending professional advancement and career enhancement programs. Although the remaining funds are not sufficient funds to cover wage replacement costs, course fee reimbursements are still available for those who meet the following criteria:
- Employees must have worked as health science professionals for five years or more in BC with an Employer party to the Paramedical Collective Agreement, and have worked for their current employer for at least two years.
- Applications must be submitted to the Joint Educational Leave Fund Committee on the prescribed application form.
- Eligible courses must commence prior to September 30, 2005.
- Educational program and course funding applications will be reviewed and approved by the Joint Educational Leave Fund Committee in accordance with the established criteria.
- Eligible courses and programs include classroom and/or independent study (with or without a clinical component); clinical programs/courses; and college or university programs/courses.