Power engineers, maintenance workers and supervisors benchmark review information meetings
Printer Friendly Version
As part of the ongoing review of benchmarks in the facilities subsector (p. 207 of the collective agreement), the Union Benchmark Review Committee is seeking input for the second part of the review for the occupations listed below.
At sessions scheduled for early November, union members in the affected occupational groups will have an opportunity to participate in focused discussions on their benchmarks, as well as review changes to those benchmarks being proposed by health employers.
These sessions are open to all members of the Health Services and Support Facilities Subsector Collective Agreement (HEU, BCGEU, IUOE, IBEW, CSWU, USWA, BCNU, UBCJA, UAJAP&P, and IUPAT) who are all members of the occupations listed below.
If you are matched to more than one benchmark, you are welcome to attend the discussions for each of the benchmarks you are matched to.
The meetings will be held at:
The Conference Centre, HEU Provincial Office
5000 North Fraser Way, Burnaby
from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Out-of-town members can participate via conference call by pre-registering for an appropriate session (phone or email HEU for details).
Thursday, November 13, 2008 from 6:00-8:00 pm:
- Boiler Operator (Benchmark 13001, Page 4-1)
- Supervising Boiler Operator (Benchmark 13002, Page 4-2)
- Power Engineer 4 (Benchmark 13003, 4-3 Page)
- Supervising Power Engineering 4 (Benchmark 13004, Page 4-4)
- Chief Power Engineer 4 (Benchmark 13005, Page 4-5)
- Power Engineer 3 (Benchmark 13006, Page 4-6 )
- Supervising Power Engineer 3 (Benchmark 13007, Page 4-7)
- Chief Power Engineer 3 (Benchmark 13008, Page 4-8)
- Power Engineer 2 (Benchmark 13009, Page 4-9)
- Supervising Power Engineer 2 (Benchmark 13010, Page 4-10)
- Chief Power Engineer 2 (Benchmark 13011, Page 4-11)
Monday, November 17, 2008 from 6:00-8:00 pm:
- Maintenance Supervisor I (Benchmark 13401, Page 6-1)
- Maintenance Supervisor II (Benchmark 13402, Page 6-2)
- Maintenance Supervisor III (Benchmark 13403, Page 6-3)
- Maintenance Supervisor IV (Benchmark 13404, Page 6-4)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 from 6:00-8:00 pm:
- Maintenance Worker I (Benchmark 13101, Page 5-1)
- Maintenance Worker II (Benchmark 13102, Page 5-2)
- Maintenance Worker III (Benchmark 13103, Page 5-3)
- Maintenance Worker IV, Charge (Benchmark 13104, Page 5-4)
- Maintenance Worker IV, Plant System Repairs (Benchmark 13105, Page 5-5)
- Radiographic Processor Maintainer (Benchmark 13106, Page 5-5.1) Maintenance Worker V (Benchmark 13107, Page 5-6)
If you would like to attend the meeting or pre-register for a conference, please contact our office at (604) 456-7120 or email us at email@example.com by no later than Monday, November 10, 2008 at 3:00 p.m. Please note that wages and travel expenses will not be covered for this meeting. If you have any questions regarding the above meetings, please contact Teressa Ford at (604) 456-7022 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.