Show your Pride at festivities in your community this summer
In the coming months, British Columbians will be joining with thousands of Canadians to celebrate Pride 2018. And we encourage all HEU members to get involved.
Attending these events is a way to stand in support of dignity and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in the workplace, in our communities and in our families. It’s a way to celebrate how far we’ve come, while remembering that transphobia, homophobia and biphobia are still all too common for many LGBTQ+ people, here in B.C. and around the world.
Here are some upcoming events taking place in B.C.:
- June 2 – Fort St. John (WI Centennial Park; 2:00 p.m.)
- June 9 – Nanaimo Pride (Downtown; Maffeo Sutton Park 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.)
- June 23 – East Side Pride (Grandview Park; 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- June 23 – North Island Pride (Campbell River Spirit Square; 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- June 30 – Surrey Pride Festival (Holland Park; 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- July 7 – Prince George Pride (City Hall; 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- July 8 – Victoria Pride (Downtown Victoria; 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- July 14 – Fraser Valley Pride (Jubilee Park; 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.)
- July 29 – Port Alberni Pride (Recreation/Gyro Park; 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.)
- August 5 – Vancouver Pride (Downtown Vancouver; 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.)
- August 11-18 – Okanagan Pride Week (Kelowna)
- August 18 – New West Pride Street Party (Columbia Street; 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- August 26 – Kamloops Pride (Riverside Park)
- August 27-September 3 – Kootenay Pride Week (Nelson)
If we have missed an event in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
And if you’d like to get involved, march in a parade with us, or staff an information table at any of these events, we welcome all HEU members and their families. Please contact HEU equity officer Jennifer Efting (email@example.com) to get connected to an event near you. Happy Pride!