Spring Guardian in the mail
Coming to your home -- The Guardian Volume 24 Number 1
- Putting our contracts to work – Bargaining a collective agreement is just the beginning.
- Our day in court – Bill 29’s violation of health care workers’ rights is now on record in Canada’s highest court.
- Fighting to save public water—Vancouver Island has become a key battleground in the global fight against water and wastewater privatization.
- Hard lessons from Europe – Buyer beware. European health care isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Read about the briefing BC’s premier didn’t get.
- Compass bargaining continues
- Mayfair members go beyond call of duty
- British and French workers protest
- New book on private health insurance reviewed
And our regular features:
- COFFEE BREAK looks at the legacy of Tommy Douglas
- AFTER THE SHIFT follows a Comox LPN to Nicaragua
- BALANCING IT ALL checks in with the Vancouver District Labour Council’s “Labour Woman of the Year”
- VOICES focuses on the crisis in child protection
- FACT FILE considers the plight of health care workers and trade unionists in Latin America
... and much more in this issue of the award-winning Guardian newspaper.