Applications for this workshop are closed. Please check back later.
Two-Day Intro Shop Steward Workshops Levels 1 and 2
HEU will be holding two-day Intro Shop Steward Workshops throughout the province in 2020.
These courses gives participants the skills and confidence they need to become shop stewards. It also teaches new stewards how to foster union solidarity and motivate our members and supporters into action when required.
Participants learn the most effective ways to handle grievances and complaints, the responsibilities they accept as shop stewards, guidelines for interpreting and defending collective agreement provisions, and basic health and safety concepts.
The Introduction to Shop Steward training is provided in two levels.
Level 1 - A two-day introductory workshop with classroom instruction. It is intended for members new to stewarding.
Level 2 - After six to 12 months of workplace experience (including grievance handling), stewards can proceed to level two training, which is an additional two-day workshop.
These workshops are two days in length and are designed to offer information, skills and tools for members who are active shop stewards at the work site, or who are interested in becoming active shop stewards.
Dates and Locations: Intro Shop Steward Workshops, Level 1
• Victoria March 3-4, Applications closed
• Burnaby March 10-11, Applications closed
• Kamloops March 24-25, Workshop is suspended
• Kelowna March 31- April 1, Workshop is suspended
• Prince George May 12-13, Workshop is suspended
• Nelson June 9-10, Workshop is suspended
• Burnaby June 16-17, Workshop is suspended
Dates and Locations: Intro Shop Steward Workshops, Level 2
• Kelowna September 29-30, Workshop is suspended
• Prince George October 6-7, Workshop is suspended
• Victoria October 13-14, Workshop is suspended
• Burnaby November 17-18, Workshop is suspended