Dealing with conflict at your workplace or within your local union team can be challenging but if addressed effectively, it can lead to greater solidarity. This workshop is for local leaders who are currently dealing with conflict and want to gain skills and practice techniques to be more effective at transforming conflict.
This online workshop is a combination of HEU’s “Essential Skills for Transforming Workplace Conflict into Union Activism”, paired with Anima Leadership’s “Brave Conversations- Transforming Workplace Conflict”.
During four days of online sessions, through a variety of interactive activities and information sharing, participants will:
- Reflect on ideas and feelings around conflict and how they respond
- Gain a better understanding of different styles for dealing with conflict, and identify their go-to style
- Practice skills for deep listening and communicating in conflict
- Explore techniques to respond more effectively in conflict
- Consider the nature and cultural dynamics of conflict
- Explore the role that power and our social identity plays in conflict situations
- Learn about conflict models and use these models to practice moving from positions of interests to generating options for solutions.
- Explore ways of transforming conflicts into union activism
- Play with images, stories and metaphors to navigate conflict
- Have time and space to restore and re-energize
This workshop is made up of four full-day sessions spread out over a two-week period. Participants must be available to attend all four days 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Application Deadline is closed
Session 1, Online-March 9, 2021: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Session 2, Online-March 11, 2021: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Session 3, Online-March 16, 2021: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Session 4, Online-March 18, 2021: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.