Applications for this workshop are closed. Please check back later.
This workshop will be held November 13-14, 2019 at the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown.
Workplace hazards such as unsafe work, workload, violence, bullying, harassment, workplace conflict and poor management style can have a significant impact on workers’ mental health and well-being.
As a result, local stewards and activists are increasingly dealing with mental health issues faced by members in their workplaces. To support stewards in addressing these concerns, we are excited to offer a two-day Workplace Mental Health workshop for local stewards and activists.
We will discuss and explore topics including:
• Recognizing workplace mental health issues
• Employers’ responsibilities to create mentally healthy workplaces
• Understanding the stigma around mental health issues
• Practicing compassionate conversations about mental health
• Stewards’ self-care and recognizing compassion fatigue
• Workplace mental health resources
Application Deadline October 3