Quick facts about community social services bargaining:
- The community social services (CSS) collective agreement expired on March 31, 2019.
- A new three-year collective agreement was ratified by members in July 2018, and went into effect April 1, 2019, and will expire on March 31, 2022.
- More than 15,000 workers in 10 unions are covered by the talks.
- HEU is the third largest union in the multi-union Community Social Services Bargaining Association (CSSBA), with 1,500 members.
- BCGEU is the lead union in the sector, followed by CUPE BC. Other unions include HSA, USW, UFCW, CSWU, CLAC, BCNU and SEIU.
- The CSSBA negotiates with the Community Social Services Employers Association.
- Members work in group homes and day programs for people with developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol programs, transition houses, immigrant and refugee support services, infant development, child care, Aboriginal services, and many other community-based social services.
Contracts and wage grids
2019–2022 community social services tentative agreement documents:
- CSSEA Wage Grids effective April 1, 2019
- CSSEA Wage Grids effective February 1, 2019
- HEU Backgrounder and Highlights
- CSSBA 2019-2022 Comprehensive Report
- CSS 2019-2022 Table Attachment
- All CSS documents in one file
- 2014-2019 community social services agreement - Community Living Services
- 2014-2019 community social services agreement - General Services Agreement