March 18, 2021 - **Paramedical Services Benefits Improvement**
May 27, 2020 - **Temporary Provincial Pandemic Pay**
April 29, 2020 - **Fair Pay and Safe Working Conditions**
April 16, 2020 - **Letter to Dr. Henry: Personal Protective Equipment and Access to COVID-19 Testing**
April 1, 2020 - **COVID-19 Health and Safety Obligations**
March 27, 2020 - **COVID-19 Update for Community Social Services Members- Essential services order and multiple worksites**
March 18, 2020 - **COVID-19 Update for Community Social Services Members- Implications in the Workplace**
Quick facts about community social services bargaining:
- The community social services (CSS) collective agreement expires on March 31, 2022.
- A new three-year collective agreement was ratified by members in July 2018, and went into effect April 1, 2019, and will expire on March 31, 2022.
- More than 15,000 workers in 10 unions are covered by the talks.
- HEU is the third largest union in the multi-union Community Social Services Bargaining Association (CSSBA), with 1,500 members.
- BCGEU is the lead union in the sector, followed by CUPE BC. Other unions include HSA, USW, UFCW, CSWU, CLAC, BCNU and SEIU.
- The CSSBA negotiates with the Community Social Services Employers Association.
- Members work in group homes and day programs for people with developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol programs, transition houses, immigrant and refugee support services, infant development, child care, Aboriginal services, and many other community-based social services.
Contracts and wage grids
2019–2022 community social services tentative agreement documents:
- CSSEA Wage Grid effective April 1, 2021
- CSSEA Wage Grid effective April 1, 2020
- 2019-2022 community social services agreement - Community Living Services
- 2019-2022 community social services agreement - General Services Agreement
- HEU Backgrounder and Highlights
- CSSBA 2019-2022 Comprehensive Report
- CSS 2019-2022 Table Attachment
- All CSS documents in one file