Community Social Services
Quick facts about community social services bargaining:
- The community social services (CSS) collective agreement will expire on March 31, 2019.
- A new three-year collective agreement was ratified by members in July 2018, and will take effect April 1, 2019, and expire on March 31, 2022.
- More than 15,000 workers in 10 unions are covered by the talks.
- HEU is the third largest union in the multi-union Community Social Services Bargaining Association (CSSBA), with 1,500 members.
- BCGEU is the lead union in the sector, followed by CUPE BC. Other unions include HSA, USW, UFCW, CSWU, CLAC, BCNU and SEIU.
- The CSSBA negotiates with the Community Social Services Employers Association.
- Members work in group homes and day programs for people with developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol programs, transition houses, immigrant and refugee support services, infant development, child care, Aboriginal services, and many other community-based social services.
Contracts and wage grids