This set of two-day workshops (four days total) is for HEU members who are women of colour (Indigenous, Black or racialized) interested in union leadership.
There are many barriers faced by women in leadership or seeking leadership roles in unions and communities. This online workshop will encourage members to reflect, learn and take action.
Workshop topics include:
- Creating space for personal reflections, hope and sense of belonging
- Understanding our multi-faceted and layered identity
- Exploring our whole selves and our lived experience in social and systemic structures
- Challenging existing power structures
- Growing our strengths, capacity, skills, solidarity and collective power
Workshop dates: April 19 and 20, and October 11 and 12, 2023
Deadline to apply: February 21, 2023
Members who are accepted to the course are expected to attend both workshops.