Two-day Intro OH&S Workshops
This is an Introductory Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) workshop for HEU members and alternates on joint occupational health and safety (JOHS) committees.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
• discuss their experiences with health and safety issues at work;
• look at the patterns of concern among members in different work sites;
• understand the structure, roles and functions of the JOHS committee;
• learn how health and safety issues are resolved;
• gain information on the Workers Compensation Act and OH&S Regulation; and
• organize around health and safety issues at work.
Dates and Locations
Burnaby February 26 - 27, Application is closed
Burnaby March 19-20, Application is closed
Victoria April 2-3, Application is closed
Kelowna May 7-8, Application is closed
Nelson May 14-15, Application is closed
Burnaby September 10-11, Deadline to Apply July 16