Two-day Intro OH&S Workshops
This is an Introductory Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) workshop for HEU members and alternates on joint occupational health and safety (JOHS) committees.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
• discuss their experiences with health and safety issues at work;
• look at the patterns of concern among members in different work sites;
• understand the structure, roles and functions of the JOHS committee;
• learn how health and safety issues are resolved;
• gain information on the Workers Compensation Act and OH&S Regulation; and
• organize around health and safety issues at work.
Dates and Locations
Burnaby February 26 - 27, Deadline to apply January 18
Burnaby March 19-20, Deadline to apply February 1
Victoria April 2-3, Deadline to apply February 12
Kelowna May 7-8, Deadline to apply March 12
Nelson May 14-15, Deadline to apply March 19
Burnaby September 10-11, Deadline to Apply July 16
One-day Know and Assert OH&S Rights Workshops
This workshop is open to all HEU members. Priority will be given to frontline members who are not on joint occupational health and safety (JOHS) committees or on their local executive.
This one-day workshop will cover many issues, including identification of health and safety issues, four workers' OH&S rights, employer, supervisor and worker responsibilities, preventing violence, ergonomics, workload, and the right to refuse unsafe work.
No workshops currently scheduled. Please check back for dates.