HEU has suspended union trainings, workshops and educations sessions until further notice to ensure healthy members stay in the workplace and to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
Two-day Intro OH&S Workshops
This is an Introductory Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) workshop for HEU members and alternates on joint occupational health and safety (JOHS) committees.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
• discuss their experiences with health and safety issues at work;
• look at the patterns of OHS concerns among members in different work sites;
• understand the structure, roles and functions of the JOHS committee;
• learn how health and safety issues are resolved;
• gain information on the Workers Compensation Act and OH&S Regulation; and
• organize around health and safety issues at work.