This two-part online workshop is for local executives, stewards and Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee members.
Day 1 will be a roundtable group discussion about workplace stress. Participants will:
- Discuss their experiences with workplace stress
- Explore workplace conditions that contribute to stress
- Examine actions members and the union can take at the local, regional and provincial levels to address the problems
The second part of this workshop will be the Mental Health First Aid Standard course. This is a self directed, virtual learning module that takes place over two days. Please read the information letter below for more details.
You'll increase your knowledge, skills, and confidence to:
- Recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
Participants will receive a certificate of participation from the Mental Health Commission of Canada after fully completing the workshop
Workplace Stress Roundtable: October 6
Mental Health First Aid Standard course: October 18 and 19
Participants are expected to attend all three days.
Application deadline closed