Still have issues? Here’s how to escalate a health and safety issue at your workplace
If you have raised a safety issue and it is still not being addressed, here are some further steps you can take.
- Continue to tell your supervisor or manager about the issue
- Ask your Joint Occupational Health and Safety (JOHS) Committee worker representative to raise the issue at the next JOHS Committee meeting. This can be helpful in making recommendations and improving workplace safety
- Follow up with the JOHS Committee worker representative to see when and how changes will be made to correct the safety issue
- Contact your HEU servicing representative
- How to report a hazard
- How to report an injury or work-related illness
- How to report a "near miss"
- If you’ve missed time from work or received medical attention, file a WorkSafeBC claim
- Connect with an HEU shop steward from your local to file a grievance
- Contact WorkSafeBC and speak to a Prevention Officer (604-276-3100 Lower Mainland or 1-888-621-7233 toll free)
- Review your collective agreement for specific language
Remember to document each step you have taken to communicate the health and safety issue at your workplace