HEU's Young Workers’ Conference aims to empower young workers to build skills, connections, and knowledge to take active roles in our union and in the labour movement.
To be eligible for this workshop, you must meet the eligibility definition of a young worker – aged 33 years old or younger.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about:
- skills for a successful organizer
- how young workers can organize within union and non-union workplaces
- how HEU can support young workers to build skills and be involved in their local and workplace
- action plans to mobilize young workers on issues affecting them, and to take leadership in their locals and within HEU
- collaborating with peers, leaders and mentors to build an inclusive and strong labour movement
Conference dates: September 27 and 28, 2021 (held online)
Deadline to apply: Monday August 9, 2021