WorkSafeBC/WCB Claims

HEU is here to help with your WorkSafeBC claim questions and appeals.

Here is when and how to initiate a claim for benefits.

You can file a claim with WorkSafeBC as soon as you have missed time from work or need health care treatment for a work-related injury or disease. Any delay can potentially affect the outcome of your claim.

There are three different ways to file a claim:

Report your injury to your employer as soon as possible, seek medical attention, and make sure your doctor is aware that you are initiating a WorkSafeBC claim.  

To report the injury or illness to your employer.

  • Health Authority employees call the Workplace Health Call Centre at 1-866-922-9464  
  • Affiliate/Independent employees fill out an Incident/Injury Report. Ask your supervisor for the form.

A WorkSafeBC officer will be assigned to your case will decide your benefit entitlement based on documents and input provided by you, your employer and your doctor. Decisions relating to entitlement may include wage loss, health care expenses, vocational rehabilitation, and permanent disability award.

You must apply for WorkSafeBC benefits on your own.  

If your claim is denied or if your benefits are discontinued, HEU is here to help you!  If you need help in filing an appeal, please contact HEU’s WCB hotline at 604-456-7186 or toll-free at 1-877-438-5550 or by email at