Occupational Health and Safety
A one-day workshop for HEU members interested in joining their work site’s Joint Occupational Health and Safety (JOHS) Committee.
- about the B.C. Workers' Compensation Act and occupational health and safety regulation
- about the history of organizing for safe and healthy workplaces
- what your employers’ responsibilities are in the workplace
- how to identify unsafe working conditions and hazards
- how to enforce workers’ rights in the workplace and the role of JOHS Committee worker representatives