A two-day workshop for HEU members who are currently stewarding at their worksite, and who have already taken Level 1 Steward Training.
If you are not currently a steward, and are interested in becoming one, you should apply for the Level 1 Steward Training.
You will need either the local chairperson or secretary-treasurer to sign or endorse your application.
In this workshop, you will:
- Build on the skills you have developed as a shop steward and enhance your understanding of collective agreements rights
- Prepare to meet effectively with management
- Practice and build confidence to present grievances to management
- Raise awareness of the stewards’ role in recognizing oppression and discrimination, and strengthening equity in the workplace and union
- Evaluate and determine the most effective ways to resolve issues and grievances
- Practice problem solving by applying an organizing approach for collective power
March 30 and 31, 2022 - Applications are now closed
April 13 and 14, 2022 - Applications are now closed