The Young Workers' Committee makes recommendations to and advises the Provincial Executive. The committee:
- Seeks out and engages young workers (33 and under) of the Hospital Employees’ Union to revitalize the union.
- Raises awareness among all HEU members of youth issues.
- Educates non-union and unemployed youth about the labour movement, social justice issues, and their rights.
- Identifies and develops action plans on issues affecting young workers.
Young workers are the future of HEU
Young workers are the future shop stewards, local chairpersons, and even Provincial Executive members of this union.
Young workers are encouraged to talk to their shop steward or local chairperson and learn more about the role of unions in their job, and in their world.
- HEU Young Workers and Friends on Facebook. A public group created as a communication link for young workers in HEU, other unions, and for their supporters.
- HEU School on Facebook A private group for HEU members who have attended HEU educational workshops, conferences or programs and would like to share and discuss their learning.
- Young Workers' Resource Card. This PDF mini guide outlines the structure of your HEU Local.