Quick facts about community health bargaining:
- The current community health collective agreement will expire on March 31, 2019.
- A new three-year collective agreement was ratified by members in July 2018, and will take effect April 1, 2019, and expire on March 31, 2022.
- About 16,000 health care workers are covered by the multi-union Community Bargaining Association (CBA), which includes HEU, BCGEU, UFCW 1518, CUPE, HSA, USWA, CLAC and BCNU.
- The HEU represents about 2,300 members covered by the talks.
- The BCGEU is the lead union in the CBA, which negotiates with the Health Employers Association of BC (HEABC).
- The CBA represents health care workers who provide home-based, medically related support services to seniors and persons with disabilities. Workers in the sector also provide community-based health services, including mental health and addictions services and administrative support to home support agencies and health authorities.