Quick facts about community health bargaining:
- The community health collective agreement will expire on March 31, 2019.
- About 14,000 health care workers are covered by the multi-union Community Bargaining Association (CBA), including HEU, BCGEU, UFCW 1518, CUPE, HSA, CLAC and USWA.
- The HEU represents about 2,200 members covered by the talks.
- The BCGEU is the lead union in the CBA, which negotiates with the Health Employers Association of BC (HEABC).
- The CBA represents health care workers who provide home-based, medically related support services to seniors and persons with disabilities. Workers in the sector also provide community-based health services, including mental health and addictions services and administrative support to home support agencies and health authorities.
Contracts and wage grids
- February 2018 community health wage schedules with Economic Stability Dividend