Health care workers have ratified a new five-year collective agreement by a vote of 64.6 per cent.
The agreement between the 11-union Facilities Bargaining Association and government’s bargaining agent – the Health Employers Association of B.C. – covers 47,000 workers in hospitals, care homes, emergency health services, logistics and supply warehouses, and other settings.- See more at: http://www.heu.org/news-media/news-releases/health-care-workers-ratify-collective-agreement-province-wide-vote#sthash.uFbhH6aC.dpuf
Quick facts about facilities bargaining:
- The facilities subsector collective agreement will expire on March 31, 2019.
- Nearly 44,000 health care workers in 10 unions are covered by the talks.
- HEU is the lead union in the multi-union Facilities Bargaining Association (FBA) which will bargain with the Health Employers Association of BC (HEABC).
- HEU represents about 93 per cent (41,000) of the members covered by the talks.
- FBA members work in hospitals and residential care facilities.
- The diverse bargaining unit of more than 270 job classifications includes care aides, health records staff, laboratory and other diagnostic specialists, sterile supply technicians, trades and maintenance workers, activity aides and rehab assistants, IT specialists, pharmacy technicians, admitting and booking clerks, administrative staff, cleaning and dietary staff, and many others.
Contracts and wage schedules
- February 2019 Facilities wage schedules
- April 2018 Facilities wage schedules
- February 2018 Facilities wage schedules with Economic Stability Dividend
- 2014-2019 Facilities Collective Agreement
- Comprehensive report on the 2014-2019 facilities collective agreement