Health care workers have ratified a new five-year collective agreement by a vote of 64.6 per cent.
The agreement between the 11-union Facilities Bargaining Association and government’s bargaining agent – the Health Employers Association of B.C. – covers 47,000 workers in hospitals, care homes, emergency health services, logistics and supply warehouses, and other settings.- See more at: http://www.heu.org/news-media/news-releases/health-care-workers-ratify-collective-agreement-province-wide-vote#sthash.uFbhH6aC.dpuf
Quick facts about facilities bargaining:
- The facilities subsector collective agreement will expire on March 31, 2019.
- During strike votes, which took place across B.C. between April 22 and 30, 2014, HEU members in the facilities subsector voted 96 per cent in favour of strike action.
- On June 24, 2014, it was announced that health care workers ratified a new five-year collective agreement by a vote of 64.6 per cent.
- Nearly 47,000 health care workers in 11 unions are covered by the talks.
- HEU is the lead union in the multi-union Facilities Bargaining Association (FBA) which will bargain with the Health Employers Association of BC (HEABC).
- HEU represents about 85 per cent of the members covered by the talks.
- FBA members work in hospitals, residential care facilities and in emergency health services.
- The diverse bargaining unit of more than 270 job classifications includes care aides, ambulance paramedics, health records staff, laboratory and other diagnostic specialists, sterile supply technicians, emergency dispatch personnel, trades and maintenance workers, activity aides and rehab assistants, IT specialists, pharmacy technicians, admitting and booking clerks, administrative staff, cleaning and dietary staff, and many others.
Contracts and wage schedules
- April 2018 Facilities wage schedules
- February 2018 Facilities wage schedules with Economic Stability Dividend
- 2017 Facilities wage schedules with Economic Stability Dividend
- 2014-2019 Facilities Collective Agreement
- Facilities wage schedules February 2016 (goes into effect first pay period AFTER Feb 1)
- FBA pharmacy and other wage schedules February 2016
- FBA trades wage schedules February 2016
- Facilities wage schedules April 2016 (goes into effect first pay period AFTER April 1)
- FBA pharmacy and other wage schedules April 2016
- FBA trades wage schedules April 2016
- Comprehensive report on the 2014-2019 facilities collective agreement
- 2012-2014 facilities collective agreement
- 2010-2012 facilities collective agreement